Won't you please help us to expand this section? If you have had experience with our office and would like to make your comments and thoughts available to others, please e-mail us and let us know!
* "I have been experiencing a chronic Siatic nerve condition for more than 4 months that inhibits me to rest or sleep as you normally will do. Have attended several physical therapist and taken pain killers to aliviate the condition but no improvement. Yesterday I attended the first treatment I and i can honestly say that last night was the first night ever that i was able to sleep and rest better than any treatment or pills. The service was excellent and very professional. Therapist is very knowledgeable and experience. I highly recommend. Take it from someone that has living with pain 24 hrs, 7 days a week from more than 4 months!!!"
* "I have been a patient of Lisa’s for years now and can whole-heartedly recommend her. I had suffered a multi trauma dirt bike accident a few years back which involved 4 broken ribs, pulmonary contusion, severed nerves in my hip, back and head, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result. Lisa provided acupuncture, craniosacral therapy, massage, Chinese herbs, and even lab work to me and had me up and riding again within months. Lisa has a great talent for understanding the physical needs of the body but also the mind and spirit. I have sent family and friends to Lisa who have all had wonderful experiences. We can’t thank her enough for keeping us healthy and pain free!"
Stephanie, Project Manager
* "I have suffered with lower back pain for over 10 years, the result of several ruptured discs. While attending police academy, I began to experience severe back pain that was so debilitating, I thought I would be dropped from academy. A friend recommended Lisa to me and after just two treatments I was pain free. I was able to finish academy and I have continued to see Lisa over the years whenever my back flares up. Wearing a 25 pound duty belt all day would be excruciating without acupuncture."
* "I get massages and acupuncture routinely -- I have one or the other every six weeks. This is not a luxury. If you're going to try to manage blood sugar, you have to manage stress."
Lauren Richter, D.O.
* "Lisa initially distinguished herself to me through her ability to translate Eastern medical theories and concepts into terms that I as a Westerner could appreciate. I went to her seeking acupuncture for my wrist, which had been badly broken, and its soft tissues traumatized, in a white-water rafting accident. After six months of standard physical therapy, improvement in its range of motion had waned, after having reached only 50% of its original, healthy state. Lisa showed an uncanny ability, by sight and by touch, to identify points in the soft tissues that were most in need of treatment. Incrementally, and then by leaps and bounds, she has restored my wrist to 95% of its original range of motion. I can't recommend her highly enough."
Lyn, film maker
* "I have been one of Lisa's clients for years and have recommended her to a couple of my friends who have been very happy with her work. She is intuitive, honest, smart and one of the easiest persons to talk to. I would always recommend her if someone wanted acupuncture treatments/chinese herbs or massage."
Lily, research scientist
* "I have had Lisa provide acupuncture and related holistic medicine treatments several times with great success. One time I had wrecked my mountain bike and she fixed my neck and back pain in one treatment. She also provided amazing acupressure and massage care during labor and birth of my child and made it possible to manage the pain without medication. I recommend Lisa wholeheartedly."
Kelsey, engineer & mountain biker
* "Lisa has been my chosen health care provider for many years and her consistent delivery of excellent, knowledgeable, skillful and professional work has kept me healthy and pain free to do my physically challenging work. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking quality acupuncture and therapeutic massage and bodywork. When I think of maintaining health and wellbeing rather than dealing illness and disease no one better qualified comes to my mind."
Ron, holistic health practitioner
* "Lisa is very knowledgeable about human anatomy relating to her field of specialty. As a physician I am very skeptical of any non-traditional therapies. Therefore, it is a delight to see a keen clinician that understands the importance of a common sense approach to medicine and a good rapport with her clients."
Tahir Rahman, M.D.
* "I've had years and years of back pain that I've just lived with. I had three appointments with Lisa Nicholson, L. Ac. and my pain has been reduced by 95%. Now, when pain OCCURS, that is something I notice...a welcome change! I highly recommend Lisa of Eastern Body Therapy. She has a calming manner that puts you at ease and she is highly credentialed in her field."
Dave, real estate agent
* "I have been a patient of Lisa’s for the past several years. In the past I have seen several acupuncturists. I personally have found the method of practice and caring for her patients to be far outstanding over the other acupuncturist.
I began acupuncture when a dear close friend asked me if I was tired of being cut up. Would I be willing to try something new? I had two prostate operations in 1990 and again in 1991. A year later, I experienced all of the same symptoms and problems I had prior to the first and second operations. With acupuncture I do not have the pain, the constant need to use the restroom or the fluid retention in the bladder.
My wife and I used to get bronchitis every year where the Western medical doctors prescribed antibiotics each time. Using acupuncture we have not experienced bronchitis in the past several years. With acupuncture we did not need to take the antibiotics.
I have received relief for carpal tunnel, trigeminal neuralgia, essential tremor and other ailments with Lisa’s help. She has also been a tremendous help with my experience with depression. She is a very caring and concerned person who is very interested in helping you and your good health."
* "Lisa, you’re the best acupuncturist, counselor and mom all rolled into one person! Thank you for all your wisdom, patience, love and “poking”."
* "As an electrical engineer with a strong background in science and math, I am highly skeptical of alternative medicine. Nevertheless, I decided to try acupuncture after sustaining a whiplash injury during an automobile accident where I was rear-ended. I didn't like how pain-killer and muscle relaxant medications made me feel -- all spacey and "high". I wanted a solution to my problem rather than a drug which would temporarily mask the pain. Figuring I had nothing to lose by trying something new, I solicited help from Lisa Nicholson at Eastern Body Therapy and was blown away by the results. She patiently answered all my questions and explained how acupuncture works in terms I could understand. When I was readyto begin treatment, I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth, and waited to be "stabbed" with the needles. After a moment, I casually asked when the first needle would be inserted and was surprised to learn she had already inserted three!
I didn't feel a thing!
The stiffness and soreness in my neck were substantially reduced within 24 hours, and I felt "as good as new" within a few days. Ten years prior, I had been rear-ended and suffered neck problems for weeks. I couldn't believe how quickly I recovered with acupuncture. I am a believer now and will definitely return to Lisa when I have future need!"
*DISCLAIMER* The statements on this page are from real people who have worked with our office. As with any medical service, we cannot guarantee results and individual experiences may vary.